It is very important to manually submit your URL and sitemap to search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, etc. How do you go about this you may ask! It is very easy, all you just need do is to find your way to the various Webmaster Tools that these search engines operate on. These powerful tools are platforms that we use to let the search engines know that we have new information to share, although after sending the URL or domain name to search engines through these webmaster tools, indexing can take from two to four weeks. Sometimes your site will not be indexed after loading, if this happens, wait for four weeks, then resubmit your page.
Before taking the bold step towards telling those search engines about you site, I fully recommend that you create a sitemap for your site using this guide as it will be best to submit them as well. Are you wondering what sitemaps are?
They are files mostly in XML formats that these search engine robots and crawlers uses to know what our page is all about.
I believe that now you have your sitemap ready, Good!
So Here, i will be giving a full direction on how submit your URL and sitemap to various search engines.
1. Go to the Google’s Webmaster Tools homepage and sign up or sign in if you have an account already
2. Add your site to the Webmaster Tools and validate using the “HTML Tag” under the alternative methods section.
If you are using another host, follow the instructions and place the code in the <head> section of your site. Alternatively, if you are on WordPress, navigate to the Yoast SEO general section, click “webmaster tools” and add the code in the box provided right in front of Google Search Console then save changes as seen in the image below
3. If You have added the code correctly, click “Verify” and you will get a congratulatory message. Just click “Continue”!
4. Now you have successfully added your site, navigate to the left-hand menu and click “Optimization”, and then click “Sitemaps”. From here, simply click the Add/Test Sitemap button.
5. In the provided text box, just add your Sitemap URL (ex. If your Sitemap is at http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml, simply type sitemap.xml).
If you have done this, then HOWDY! You have successfully notified Google of your site and you should start seeing positive results after it has been crawled.
1. You will first need to have a Bing login, then go to Bing’s Webmaster Tools page.
2. Once logged in simply type in the URL of your homepage and press “submit”.
3. After submitting you will have to verify ownership of the domain. Copy the given code and paste it just after the <head> section of your site’s HTML, if you are on WordPress, simply navigate to the Yoast SEO section >>> Webmaster Tools >>> and paste the code in the space provided right in front of Bing Webmaster Tools then save changes. Once verified, it is a good step ahead.
4. Navigate to the Sitemap section and in the provided text box, just add your Sitemap url (ex. If your Sitemap is at http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml, simply type sitemap.xml).
Once added, you are done!
1. Register and Login through Yandex Webmaster Tools
2. Add your URL, copy the given code and paste it just after the <head> section of your site’s HTML, if you are on WordPress, simply navigate to the Yoast SEO section >>> Webmaster Tools >>> and paste the code in the space provided right in front of Yandex Webmaster Tools then save changes, go back to your Yandex page and click verify!
3. Once you have successfully verified your site in Yandex Webmaster Tools account, navigate to “Sitemap files” tab under “Indexing” section.
4. Enter your XML Sitemap URL (ex. If your Sitemap is at http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml) in the box and click on the “Add” button to submit your Sitemap.
Submitting your URL and sitemap to search engines is an essential step in SEO and after doing so, you can then proceed on to your next step in the SEO process, Contact us for services to help you get your website indexed.